Find UK Tuition
Ukulele Teachers / Ukulele Lessons in Cardiff
Read more about Ukulele
Compare Ukulele Teachers in Cardiff (Glamorgan) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Ukulele Lessons from tutors who can travel to Cardiff (Glamorgan) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Ukulele Teacher jobs in the Cardiff (Glamorgan) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in CF postcode
|Sorry no tutors found|
Tutors travelling to CF
|Adam Purnell||Bristol - Hereford, BS31|
|Adam Purnell||Bristol - Hereford, BS31|
|Imran Khan||Regent's Canal, NW1|
|Huw V Williams||London, NW2|
|Richard Thurstans||Brockley, SE4|
|Emily Askew||Wandsworth, SW18|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Ukulele
- Personal Message
- I am a young, enthusiastic and experienced guitar tutor/performer who is keen to pass on the knowledge and expertise that I have gained during my time of study under world renowned tutors, John Mills, Graham Devine and Antigoni goni.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Classical Guitar - All abilities
Acoustic Guitar - All abilities
Mandolin - All Abilities
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- A recent graduate of the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama - Cardiff. BMus 1st Class (Hons)
Classical Guitar - Grade 8 (distinction) Trinity Guildhall
Music Theory - Grade 5 (merit) ABRSM
- What kind of experience do you have?
- As a soloist I have performed throughout the UK and Europe, with recent recitals including the Glastonbury Music Festival 2013, Bristol Harbourside Festival, Keynsham Music Festival, Priston Music Festival (Bath), The Rits International Centre (Brussels) and a Recital in (Budapest). My private teaching takes me all around the south west including a residency at the Spanish Guitar Centre, Bristol, as well as running the Guitar department at the Hereford Music School.
I am also in a band,where I play electric and steel string guitar.
- How much do you charge?
- £25 per hour or £30 per hour if travel is required.
£225 if you book a block of 10 lessons in advance.
- Where do you teach?
- I can either travel to the student's home, or you can travel to my studio where you can learn in a comfortable environment. I am also available for lessons via skype.
- When are you available?
- 7 days a week - day or night.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I will teach all age groups and abilities.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I can prepare for both ABRSM or Trinity Guildhall exam boards.
I can also coach students for college/university auditions or public performance.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am available for lessons via Skype.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Musicians Union
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Adam Steven Purnell was born in Bristol and began playing the Classical Guitar at the age of eleven under the tutorship of Andrew Britton. He has played many recitals throughout the South West and aged 16 received a scholarship to study at the Bath International Guitar Festival. In December 2007 he was offered a place to study with John Mills and Graham Devine at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama. Since he began his degree at the college he has performed as a soloist and in various ensembles including works with Piano and Voice. In the autumn of 2010 Adam was accepted on to the Erasmus Exchange Programme to study for six months at the Koninklijk Academy in Brussels with the world famous Classical Guitarist Antigoni Goni. During his time in Brussels Adam gave a recital at The Rits International Centre and played in a master-class with Italian guitarist Nuccio D'angelo. Adam is currently in his fourth year at The Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama where he recently won the annual RWCMD Guitar Prize. He is a keen supporter of the Bristol Classical Guitar scene and in May 2010 was announced a friend of the Bristol Guitar Society, becoming there first sponsored guitarist. Adam enjoys playing a wide range of repertoire from Renaissance to 20th Century, he focuses on playing the repertoire of Andres Segovia in concert.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My current students range from beginners to advance, young to old. Some follow the graded route of Trinity Guildhall or ABRSM, others prefer to play repertoire purely for their own enjoyment.
Send a message to Adam Purnell
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more