Find UK Tuition
University Classical Studies Tutors / University Classical Studies Tuition in Bromley
Read more about University Classical Studies
Compare University Classical Studies Tutors in Bromley (Kent) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider University Classical Studies Tuition from tutors who can travel to Bromley (Kent) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for University Classical Studies Tutor jobs in the Bromley (Kent) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in BR postcode
|Sorry no tutors found|
|Atticus Cox||Chelsea, London, SW10|
|T Blaukopf||North West London, NW4|
|David Pope||Abingdon, OX14|
|Mike Lambert||Stratford-on-Avon, CV37|
|Ed Martineau||London, WC2|
|Viv||Victoria & Dorking, SW1|
|Déborah Natanson||Edinburgh, EH8|
|Rachel Friend||London, NW11|
|Tim Strauss||Brighton, BN1|
|Keith Wilmot||Birmingham, B31|
|Neil Smith PhD||Whitley Bay, NE26|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for University Classical Studies
- Personal Message
- I am a creative, committed and dedicated secondary English teacher and writer. With several years' experience of working with young people, I am a knowledgeable and professional practitioner who believes it is possible for anyone to succeed.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- English (KS2-A-Level), Classical Civilisation (to University level), Latin/Ancient Greek (KS3-GCSE), Essay Writing and Exam Technique, University Entrance.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I hold a PGCE in Secondary English from King’s College, London, and am currently studying for an M.A. in ‘English in Education’. In 2009 I graduated from Somerville College, Oxford, with a degree in Literae Humaniores (Classics). I also hold Advanced Extension Awards in English (distinction) and History (merit), plus A-Levels in English Literature (A), French (A), History (A), Classical Civilisation (A) and AS-Level Mathematics (A).
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I am a fully qualified English teacher with three years’ experience in secondary schools, teaching a huge range of abilities from A* students to complete English beginners. From 2010 I worked at a secondary school in Croydon where I was promoted to the role of Key Stage 3 English co-ordinator. I now teach at a girls' Catholic school in Sutton. Prior to my teacher training I worked as a Comenius language assistant in Greece.
Additionally, I am an award winning writer (finalist: Hot Key Books Young Writers’ Prize 2012, winner: Churchill Theatre Playwriting Competition 2003). I also have extensive experience as a volunteer for Oxford University’s Access and Admissions programmes and for a charity offering practice Oxbridge interviews.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £45/hr which includes travel expenses and resources. I am willing to discuss discounts for households with multiple children and/or group lessons.
- Where do you teach?
- I provide in-home tuition in Forest Hill, Brockley, Sydenham, Lewisham, Crystal Palace and the surrounding areas. I can also travel to Bromley, Croydon and SW London.
- When are you available?
- I am available on Thursdays (until 6.30 pm), Fridays (all day) and Saturdays (all day). During school holidays my availability increases and I may be able to offer extra sessions.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I specialise in KS3 through to University entrance (11-19), but can also provide tuition for KS2 students.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE English Literature, GCSE English Language, GCSE English, AS and A2 English Literature, AS and A2 English combined course, GCSE Latin, GCSE Ancient Greek, AS and A2 Classical Civilisation.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I hold a current DBS certificate and have undergone full CP training.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I qualified in Secondary English teaching at King's College.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Please get in touch if you are interested in improving your grades or levels in English or Classics, or even just gaining more confidence. I have lots of experience of helping my students reach their targets and I will work with you to create a personalised programme of study.