Find UK Tuition
Violin Teachers / Violin Lessons in Liverpool
Read more about Violin
Compare Violin Teachers in Liverpool (Lancashire/ Merseyside) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Violin Lessons from tutors who can travel to Liverpool (Lancashire/ Merseyside) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Violin Teacher jobs in the Liverpool (Lancashire/ Merseyside) area then sign-up here.
|Triona||South East London, SE23|
|Stefano Matteucci||Wallington, Surrey, SM6|
|Liviu Popescu||Dudley, DY1|
|Joshua Fayal Burke||Sutton, SM5|
|Natalie Watson||London, NW10|
|Mr. David P Wallace||Croydon, CR2|
|Michael Joel||London, W4|
|Vanessa Gardiner||Crouch End, N8|
|Sam Macadam||Glasgow, G12|
|Sarah Moffatt||Croydon, CR0|
|Angelika Stangl||Amersham, HP7|
|Rebekah S Frost||Sindlesham, RG41|
|Dunja Lavrova||Poole/ Dorset, BH15|
|Faith Taylor||London, E5|
|Rob Campkin||Greenwich, London, SE10|
|Helen Vulin||London, HA4|
|Ben Harrison||Hither Green, SE12|
|Edmund Reid||Sutton, SM1|
|Adam Phillips||Sussex Kent, BN21|
|Gregory Emfietzis||Richmond, SW14|
|Katarina Đorđević||Harrow, Middlesex, HA3|
|Tabea Sitte LRAM||Knightsbridge, SW1X|
|Amy Welch||Manchester, M20|
|Hannah-Rae Hampson||Central London, NW1|
|Kylie Nesbit||London, E15|
|Michelle C Perry||Wolverhampton, WV6|
|Ada Witczyk||London, SW19|
|John Dipper||Wandsworth, SW18|
|Jacob Lang||London, NW1|
|Sarah Harris||Gipsy Hill, SE19|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Violin
- Personal Message
- I love music and I love teaching. Performing and playing music with others is a major part of my life and I want to inspire others to make music part of their lives too.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I am currently teaching the violin privately but also in a local school. I also teach music theory. I am a trained languages teacher and have a wide experience of teaching German and have also taught French in a local school.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a music degree and a university degree as a languages teacher. I also did 2 years of teacher training and gained a teaching degree.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been teaching for over 20 years and still love it. For many years I have worked as a German tutor in colleges, at university in companies and in schools. For about 15 years I have specialized in violin teaching working mainly as a private tutor with children as well as with adults. I have also worked part-time for Sefton Music Service and am currently violin teacher at Merchant Taylors' School for Boys.
I am an active musician playing in the Crosby Symphony Orchestra, a jazz band called Swingology and a folk group which you can find as Time Ashore on the internet.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £11 for half an hour, which is usually enough for a beginner up to grade 3. For 45 minutes I will charge £16 and £20 for an hour.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach from my home in Waterloo, Liverpool, where I have a special music room for my lessons. I will go out to schools for teaching.
- When are you available?
- I teach from Monday to Saturday all day, but have to fit students into my current timetable.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages and have worked with 5 year olds as well as with people in their 80s.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I mainly use the ABRSM exam board and teach students up to grade 8 and beyond on the violin. In German, as a native speaker, I teach any level.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have a current CRB as I am working at a school with children.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I studied the violin at Hanover Music College with Professor van Stumpff. My language degree is from Hannover University.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I am teaching about 20 students, most of them are at school age. But I do teach some adults, too. Music theory I teach to you musicians going in for the grades in their instrument.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Music is the language that everybody can understand. Make it your language!
Send a message to Kirsten Sothmann
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more