University Accounting Tuition in Islington (Angel, Highbury, Holloway, Finsbury Park, Canonbury)
Tutors in Islington
- Giovanna Davitti, PhD Canonbury, N1
Tutors travelling to Islington
- Nikki V Harpenden, AL5
- Philip Goldney Southbourne, BH6
- Phil Richardson Lytchett Minster, BH21
- Mr Rugless Beckenham, BR2
- Haris Bow, E3
- Simon Wang Stratford, E3
- Soheb Alam Ponders End, EN3
- Mike Lal Chatham, ME4
- Emmanuel Aluko, CFA, MBA, MSc Camden Town, NW1
- Puja Hendon, NW4
- S Senroy Cricklewood, NW11
- Jeff Burrell Bletchingley, RH9
- Bicky Westminster, SW1A
- Daryl Rugless Knightsbridge, SW1X
- Abdur-Rahman Chachia Balham, SW17
- Kamal G Yiewsley, UB7
- Shafiq Fakir West End, W1U
- Anisha Thomas Earl's Court, W85
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for University Accounting
- Personal Message
- I am a mature, professional tutor who will quickly understand your weaknesses and your preferred learning style to make the most of your lessons. My lessons are always individualised and well prepared in advance, with plenty of interaction and fun.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I focus on economics, which is my passion. I have quite extensive experience on the subject but please understand that the subject is vast and university courses vary a lot, so I do need to see what you are studying before agreeing to take you on. Please note that, though I am fully conversant in econometrics, I do not teach it.
I also teach finance and accounting; these subjects are not my core speciality but my students tell me that I am very good at making them understand the rationale behind the formulas.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a first class degree and a PhD in economics. I am also a qualified accountant and a Supervisory Analyst (New York Stock Exchange series 16 qualification).
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Before going freelance, I worked for 10 years in the Research department of Morgan Stanley - assessing economic research for publication and training the department were my core responsibilities.
I have been tutoring in economics for 2 years. During this time, I have tutored at many levels, from AS-level to postgraduate, young people as well as mature students. Please see below to get an idea of the breath of my experience.
Universities I have tutored for include:
Birmingham Business School, City of London University, King’s College, London, London School of Economics, Queen Mary’s College,
SOAS, UCL, University of Durham, University of Leeds, University of Manchester, University of St Andrew’s, University of Birmingham
Courses I have tutored for include:
Advanced Health Economics, Advanced Macroeconomics, Advanced Microeconomics, Business Cycles Theories, Corporate Finance and Financial Accounting, Economics of the Unions, Experimental Economics, Financial Economics, Fiscal Regulation and Sustainable Debt, International Economics, Introduction to Finance, Labour Economics, Managerial Economics, Macroeconomics II, Microeconomics, The International Monetary Fund and Economic Policy.
- How much do you charge?
- Please see above for fees. Discounts are available for block bookings paid in advance.
Please note that I require payment through my bank account before your lesson.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at my home in Islington, N1, London, where I have a very conducive teaching environment with a large computer screen, lots of natural light, comfy chairs and silence. My home is about 10 minutes walk from Highbury & Islington tube station; if you come by car, you can park in my drive.
- When are you available?
- Availability varies widely, so please enquire.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach from A-level upwards. I have experience in teaching all ages (though not in economics!) and often teach adults.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I have experience in tutoring online through Skype - this can be very effective especially for students wanting general guidance.
I also do a lot of work through email, when commenting on essays and dissertations.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- At this very moment, I am helping among others
someone retaking AS economics with AQA board (I did not tutor them first time round!)
an adult wanting to learn about finance and investing in order to be able to manage their portfolio independently
a third year undergraduate with a dissertation on immigration
a master student with health economics
a third year business and management undergraduate with microeconomics
a master student corporate finance
Send a message to Giovanna Davitti, PhD
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more