Online University Educational Studies Tutors / University Educational Studies Tuition
- Harriet Swift-Marshall Devizes, SN10
- Lindsay Nova Beeston, NG9
- Vicki-Marie Teignmouth, TQ14
- Janette Sedgebeer Sydenham, SE26
- PJ Denby Dale, HD8
- Patricia O'Sullivan Alnwick, NE65
- Dr. Lloyd Whitburn, SR6
- Mandy Ladher Singlewell, DA12
- Dissertation Tutor Cockett, SA2
- Emilce Sandra Rees Chelsea, SW3
- Bella Rocca Northfield, W5
- LauraB Clapton, N15
- Julian Salisbury Crewe, CW1
- Bianca Bailey Wilson Brockley, SE13
- Phil CloudTutoring Barby and Kilsby, CV23
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- Andi Cambridge, CB2
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for University Educational Studies
- Personal Message
- An experienced and professional academic tutor with an extensive background in the Cambridge ESOL exams (IELTS, FCE, CAE, CPE). I have an excellent record of helping people reach their language goals.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- If you’d like to study online then this can be arranged too.These lessons are professionally designed, tested, and certified in Cambridge – identical to meeting in a classroom, but from the comfort of your own home. There is no special software or knowledge needed, as we’ll be using:
Skype – for voice and video
Dropbox – to send/receive homework and practice material
Electronic online whiteboard – our “classroom” – to read, write and practice
…want to try? I’ll be happy to organise a FREE demonstration lesson so you can see for yourself how this works, and how it can help you. These classes can be for 1 person, or up to 6. You can be in the same place, or in different places.
Already, classes are being successfully delivered to students in Russia, Poland, Spain, France, Hungary, Japan, China, Taiwan, S.Korea. My clients range from individuals to businesses, and even governments. The classes are identical to those face-to-face, but with the difference that they're in your own home. A free demonstration can be given so that you can see if it's what you'd like to try. Just ask!
- The resources needed for IELTS, FCE, CPE, and CAE classes will be sent to you at least 48 hours in advance for you to prepare, this will include any audio or video material that is relevant to the class. The same is true of other lessons when necessary.
- If the class needs to be cancelled, notice must be given at least 2 hours in advance.
- If there are clear technical problems then don't worry - the class can be rescheduled once these have been resolved. Online classes are arranged here using a very high quality fibre-optic connection to ensure there are no problems with communication or teaching.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- English language for all the major Cambridge ESOL examinations, focusing on error correction, grammar accuracy and range, pronunciation, writing, reading speed and using vocabulary accurately and more confidently! if you need help with these then let me show you that you can pass these tests.
- PET (Preliminary English Test)
- FCE (First Certificate in English)
- CAE (Certificate in Advanced English)
- CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- BEC - Preliminary, Vantage, Higher (Business English Certificate)
- General English (EFL/ESL) for students wishing to improve areas such as pronunciation to writing.
- UCAS application statements
- Personal statements for Master and PhD admissions, along with scholarship applications
- Interview skills
- EAP (English for Academic Purposes) - Report writing, note taking skills (lecture), reading and research techniques, presentation skills.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- - BA Hons (1st *) Architectural Design and Management.
- CELTA / DELTA
- PTLLS / DTLLS
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I’m a mature, highly-qualified and respected language teacher with almost 15 years of experience, helping beginners to specialized professionals improve their language and overcome the difficulties that they face using English – both for the Cambridge ESOL exams, and for general English. I will help you understand what the examiners are looking for in any of these English tests, but more importantly, I’ll make you a better, more confident, and relaxed user of English.
My background includes:
- Director of Examinations - BTCO Asia – (Japan, Taiwan, China)
- Director of Studies – ECCL Academic School – Taiwan
- Head Teacher – GEOS Language Academy – Asia (Japan/China/Taiwan)
- Course Director – St. Andrew’s College – Cambridge (UK)
…and, along with this, I currently:
- Pretest and review Cambridge ESOL examination papers (Cambridge Assessment Ltd.)
- Participate in the 20/80 Language Review Panel – PhD and Master Level -Oxbridge (UK)
- Contribute and develop material for Cambridge University Press, Oxford University Press, and Macmillan Publishers
- How much do you charge?
- So, what will happen when you contact me?
1. Once you’ve contacted me – via email or phone, I’ll get back in touch with you.
2. I’ll ask questions about the help you’re looking for.
3. I’ll send you some practice material specifically for your problems (such as IELTS, FCE, CAE or general English)
4. Once you’ve completed the material, we’ll meet…
…which will all be completely FREE! The first lesson (1.5 hours) is NOT CHARGED and it's a chance to explain exactly your level, develop a programme to get you on the right track, find out any deadlines you have.
- learn about your strengths and weaknesses
- develop a study plan for you
- give advice about study habits in between classes
It's also a good time to ask me any questions you have (hopefully many!) and also decide if I'm the right teacher for you. There's never any pressure to continue I'm very happy to give you any advice you need to keep you on track and help you self-study.
If you’d like to study one-to-one, then there are two options:
1) Weekly (good for those who have a changing schedule):
- £20.00/hour for general English classes.
- £25.00/hour for Cambridge ESOL subjects such as IELTS, FCE, CAE and CPE.
- book a “block” of 10 lessons = 10% discount
- book a “block” of 15 lessons = 15% discount
- book a “block” of 20(+) lessons = 20% discount
If you’d like to study with a friend (good for speaking practice!), or as a group, (up to 6 people), then these are the prices:
- Exam English: £15.00/hour for each person
- General English: £10.00/hour for each person
All material needed will be included in the price - all authenticated examination and practice papers in accordance with the most recent publication from Cambridge ESOL and other issuing bodies. With all reading, listening grammar practices (etc..) full answer keys are given and anything you're unsure about I'll happily explain. It's important to stress that you'll be supported between classes as well as in them!
I can travel to your place if that would be more convenient for you, however be aware that this will incur an additional cost - price depending on where you are and how often you'd like those classes.
- Where do you teach?
- If you live within the Cambridge area (CB1 to CB25) then I can travel to your home, however, there are a number of warm, safe and convenient locations within Cambridge city centre that are also popular with my current students. Think about where's best for you to study, and where you feel most comfortable without too many distractions!
I can offer spaces within the Cambridge university colleges for larger classes: these can be organised for business lessons, private examination language classes, or anything else you may have in mind.
If you're not sure - then please contact me and we'll discuss the best way of organising a place to teach that's convenient and comfortable.
- When are you available?
- The same is true for either face to face, or online sessions, or a mixture of both!
Monday to Friday : 0900 ~ 2000
Saturday : 1000~1700
Sunday : Sleep, relax, and enjoy your day (please!)
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- From 14 years old ~ older than me.
All levels of the CEFR: A1 ~ C2 : this will be verified through an initial language assessment.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- If you're looking to enter the UK education system then:
- Postgraduate entrance requirements : Masters // PhD
If you're an experienced medical professional in your own country, but looking to work here in the UK:
- As part of qualifying for the NMC (Nursing & Midwifery Council)
- As part of qualifying for the GMC (General Medical Council)
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have an up-to-date CRB from my previous employer which is still valid and can be asked for if needed.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Right now I'm involved in a wide range of classes:
- A large majority of my students are getting ready for the IELTS exam for either an undergraduate or postgraduate course and these students come from all over the world, including Poland, Russia, Italy, Indonesia, Jordan, and China. What's more important is that some of these classes are held online and still work very effectively in teaching all parts of the English language.
- FCE and CAE classes - focused on students who want to enter university this September and also prepare for work in areas such as governments and NGOs. Some of these students are from places such as Slovakia, The Czech Republic, China, Japan, Italy and Spain.
- I'm working with Cambridge PhD students and helping them developing a much more precise vocabulary range, complex grammatical structures and also improving their presentation techniques for their final exams.
- Pronunciation classes with students from Nigeria, Slovakia, Bulgaria, and S.Korea. Some of those I help work with media corporations such as the BBC and are looking to alter the way they speak in public situations and in broadcasts.
- Proofreading services for some European Universities such as the University of Seville, Florence, Paris and Berlin.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Whether you want to study IELTS for entrance into university, or if you’d like something to show for all your hard work such as a certificate for FCE, CAE or CPE, then it’s important to choose the right teacher for you. From being inspired by great and sincere teachers myself, I can understand the challenge from the student’s point of view, and because of this, I have never let a student down or failed to give an answer which will help.
Although your goal may be very serious and important for the next step of your career or studies, I will make sure you succeed. Helping you to feel relaxed and enjoy the classes, helping you to feel you are making progress and giving you that confidence to listen, read, write and speak with greater accuracy and less pressure - no matter what you want, I will offer professional, accurate and honest advice to get you there.
Send a message to Andi
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more