Online University Law Tutors / University Law Tuition
|Joan Iyiola||Brixton, SE5|
|Paul Dale||Sedgley, DY3|
|Tania Rosetta||Wanstead, E11|
|India Ringer||Finsbury Park, N7|
|Nathan Williams||Central Bristol, BS8|
|Laura Pasternack||Ealing Common, W3|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for University Law
- Personal Message
- I have been teaching and tutoring in a range of subjects for over 6 years. My experience in the Law and in the Arts has created well-rounded approach to tutoring.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Via Skype or Facetime
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Law, Psychology, Drama, English, University Entrance, Drama School Auditions, TEFL
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- 2013: MA Cantab in Law, Cambridge University
2009-2011: fDa Professional Acting, Bristol Old Vic Theatre School
2005-2008: BA Hons in Law, Cambridge University
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Over the past six years I have tutored and assisted students at various stages of their academic careers. Ranging from one-on-ones to group seminars I have seen consistent success in students achieving their goals and gaining entrance to their first choice universities. This year I have seen 10 students achieve top results, and gaining places at Westminister School, Cambridge University and RADA. I have also successfully supported a number of students through the GDL & LPC.
- How much do you charge?
- £45-50 per hour
- Where do you teach?
- I live in Oval and travel is considered on a case by case basis.
- When are you available?
- Flexible to fit students needs
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- 7-18+, as well as adult learners
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am also one of the co-directors of The Mono Box, a not-for-profit company that equips emerging actors with the resources and skills required at the early stages of their career. www.themonobox.co.uk
I am a Vice Patron of The Actors Centre
- Tell me about some of your current students.
"I found Joan extremely intelligent, personable and confident, with an engaging personality and good sense of humour. An excellent communicator." - John Hartoch
"Joan is a great tutor who helped me immensely through my first year and I will have no hesitation to contact her again if I require further tutoring." - Kate Cullen
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Not everybody has an easy time with education. Or even enjoys it. As a tutor I believe that it is both crucial and possible to find an accessible way to achieve high results within the remits of our education system. Every student has an individual approach (or perhaps may not even know what theirs is yet!), and as a tutor my aim is to enhance their learning style and strengthen the skills that they already obtain. Having read Law at Cambridge University I understand the value of one-to-one tuition, as it makes rooms for depth of learning. From essay writing techniques to decoding and understanding difficult text, my approach focuses on working in manageable chunks whilst still being able to keep to strict deadlines. As a professional actress, with credits such as the Royal Shakespeare Company, The Young Vic & The BBC, I understand the value of self-confidence and belief. This of course is inextricably linked to achieving good results. I am able to ascertain the strengths and weaknesses of my tutees quickly and work in an encouraging way to help them improve. My approach is personable and effective and has seen my tutees continuously achieve high results over the last 6 years.
Send a message to Joan Iyiola
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more