Online Linguistics Tutors / Linguistics Tuition
|Bianca Bailey Wilson||Brockley, SE13|
|K Heardman||Plympton, PL9|
|Dr Robin Wooldridge||Edgbaston, B29|
|Brian Pickering||Romsey, SO51|
|Karolina Zielinska||Carterton, OX18|
|Dr Seraphin||Bloomsbury, WC1H|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Linguistics
- Personal Message
- I am a proffesional teacher and translator. I love my job and as it is my real passion I improve my teaching methods and adjust them to my students all the time.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I offer online lessons via Skype. I have already worked on internet platforms such as WebEx and I have great experience in teaching online, so you are welcome to ask about this kind of learning languages.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I can prepare you or you child for:
- GCSE French and Polish
- IELTS General Training and Academic
- FCE and CAE
- DELF A1-B2 French
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA in Applied Linguistics at Warsaw University = teaching and translation (French, English, Polish)
bilingual certificate of maturity equal to DALF C1 (French)
- What kind of experience do you have?
- 3 years as a language teacher in a school of languages in Poland
5 years of experience as a tutor in general
1 year of experience as a private tutor in the UK
- How much do you charge?
- Polish: £25/hour
Exam preparation (IELTS [General Training & Academic], TOEFL, FCE, CAE): £25/hour
Exam preparation (DELF A1-B2): £30/hour ; (GCSE French, Foundation and Higher): £25/hour
DISCOUNTS FOR GROUP LESSONS!
+ £5 if I need to travel up to 5 miles
+ £10 if I need to travel more than 5 miles
I do not travel more than 10 miles to my students, however I offer online lessons which are as effective as face to face lessons. Online lessons are charged as normal face to face lessons.
Lessons shorter or longer than 60 minutes are available and we can discuss the price individually.
- Where do you teach?
- At home / at students' home / online
I live in Carterton (Oxfordshire) and I can travel up to 10 miles (e.g. Oxford) for some extra fees mentioned above.
I also teach online and therefore I can run lessons for students from anywhere in the UK like Bristol, Birmingham, London, Cheltenham, Cardiff, Edinburgh or Glasgow and many more for no extra fees - the only thing we need is a computer and internet connection :)
- When are you available?
- As my working hours are flexible I discuss times and days of the week individually. I am available both during the week and the weekends.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Any, I have experience both with children and adults on various levels.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE Foundation and Higher
IELTS General Training and Academic
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I studied at the University of Warsaw (Poland) at the Institute of Applied Linguistics, an independent research and training unit educating translators, linguists and foreign language teachers. The Institute functions as a part of the Faculty of Applied Linguistics. I attach the description of a graduate of the BA programme (copied from the website of the Institute):
Graduates of the BA programme possess the following skills and competences:
- All graduates have achieved fluency, approximate to their fluency in the mother tongue, in two foreign languages, in speech and writing (communicative competence on the C2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
- All graduates possess translation and interpreting skills in three languages, i.e. language A (Polish), language B (first foreign language), and language C (second foreign language).
- All graduates are qualified to teach foreign languages B and C.
- All graduates possess skills and competences allowing them to work in all kinds of positions, including translation/interpretation, requiring fluency in foreign languages and good knowledge of cultures of given language areas.
My languages were Polish (A), French (B) and English (C).
I currently study at the University of Oxford (MSc Applied Linguistics and Second Language Acquisition).
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I currently teach French to a 5-year-old English girl (mainly online), Polish to English adults (both online and face to face), English to Polish children and adults - they are on various (basic, intermediate and advanced) levels.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am a very enthusiastic person who loves to work as a teacher. I always adapt my lessons to my students' needs and I try to make my lessons comfortable for both of us. Effectiveness and friendly atmosphere are what I find the most important while teaching languages.