Online Linguistics Tutors / Linguistics Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Linguistics
- Personal Message
- I enjoy teaching and guiding and supporting learners from various backgrounds. With adequate support, every learner has the potential to reach their goals. I have many years of experience teaching and lecturing in high schools and universities.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can tutor online, through e-mail, Skype or Yahoo Messenger. So the tutoring can be done through correspondence, IM chatting or video discussion.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- English language, Linguistics, French, Grammar, Sociolinguistics, Applied Linguistics, Bilingualism, Multilingualism, African history and culture, World Englishes, African Languages, Education and adult literacy, African history.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I hold a PhD in Applied Linguistics from SOAS, University of London (England). I also hold an MA in Linguistics, and a BA in Bilingual Studies (French and English).
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have many years of experience teaching and lecturing in high schools and universities.
- How much do you charge?
- from £15 to £30 per hour. This is a price range within which I'm flexible and will discuss and adjust the final cost to the the required subject and the specific student's circumstances.
- Where do you teach?
- I live in London. I can teach at home, or travel to the student's home, or to a commonly chosen location for the tutoring session. I can travel up to 10 miles from Central London in the Greater London area.
- When are you available?
- I'm available most days of the week, and I'm quite flexible regarding time.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- From 16-17 years upwards. All levels.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I do have a CRB certificate
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I studied at the University of East Anglia, Norwich, England; the University of Yaounde, Cameroon; the University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, USA; and the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London, U.K.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Please see some of their testimonials (under Student Testimonials elsewhere on this page)
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Your desire to learn and your effort to get some tutoring are the clear signs that you are capable of reaching your learning goals. As a learner, you have a huge potential that can get you to the top of your studies, and my role as your tutor is to help you reach that top.