Online Linguistics Tutors / Linguistics Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Linguistics
- Personal Message
- I am a passionate, experienced tutor covering a range of subjects, due to my education background. I want to support children, young people, and adults to develop their knowledge in a relaxed and comfortable way.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can Skype for online tutoring or use FaceTime
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Early Years and KS1 - literacy, phonics, and reading development, including bilingual children
Primary - Literacy, Maths and French
Secondary English/literacy, Humanities, Social Care/Sociology, Music.
A Level English Language and Literature, Philosophy, Sociology, BTEC Health & Social Care and Childcare
University Linguistics, English language, Education, Early Childhood Studies, Sociology.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- 10 GCSEs All A-C grade
BA (Hons) Linguistics - SOAS, University of London
Early Years Professional Studies - Level 6
PTLLS (teach adults) - Level 4
Masters of Research in Language, Discourse, and Communication - King's College London
Currently doing PhD in Educational Development Research at Imperial College London
Licenced ICAN Early Talk Tutor
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Over 8 years education and community experience
5 years early years education experience
5 years tutoring experience
- How much do you charge?
- £10 initial consultation fee for initial visit (30 minutes to discuss needs and how I can help). No obligation after this if you are not interested. Otherwise we can have an initial 15 minute conversation.
Prices range from £28-32 (depending on age group and subject) for individuals for tuition to take place in your home. For multiple students (2 or more), prices vary so please enquire for more information.
Additional travel charges for N & W London and outside of London.
- Where do you teach?
- I can teach both at your home or my home. I am willing to travel across SE London, SW London, BR, and CR areas easily. I can also do block sessions for exams study preparation.
- When are you available?
- Evenings - after 4pm
Flexible daytimes on request
I also run school holiday sessions for larger groups of children
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- EY and KS1 up to degree level/adults.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Year 1 Phonics Check
Early Years Professional Status
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have an up to date DBS certificate
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Society for Research in Higher Education (SRHE)
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I currently work with a 5 year old child supporting phonics and literacy.
I work with a group of students aged 16-18 on Level 1 Health & Social Care Sectors within a secondary school environment and I train adults in children's language development.
I have a number of university level linguistics students that I support on an ongoing basis.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am friendly, open and try to make learning practical and supportive.
Send a message to Bianca Bailey Wilson
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more