University Music Tuition in Birmingham and Sutton Coldfield
Tutors in Birmingham
- Roger Barker Sutton Coldfield, B76
Tutors travelling to Birmingham
- Sorry no tutors found
Interested in online tuition for University Music?Online University Music Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for University Music
- Personal Message
- Hi, my name's Roger Barker, I am a professional musician and educator based in Sutton Coldfield. I am a professional musician and university lecturer now specialising in private music tutoring.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I offer private tuition in a number of subjects including; guitar tuition, vocal coaching, music theory lessons (ABRSM), GCSE and A Level Music tuition.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I hold a Master's degree and 1st class honours degree in in music composition, a teaching degree from Warwick University, alongside my guitar and theory grades.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have taught in a variety of contexts, most recently I was Curriculum Manager for music at Bournville College where I oversaw the music education of 60 students, achieving outstanding results. I now run Bracebridge Music (a private music tuition company) and two bands; The Junos and Rock The 90s. I have also taught at Coventry University, City College Coventry and Sutton Coldfield College during my music teaching career.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £25 for 45 minutes and £30 for one hour. The first lessons is free.
- Where do you teach?
- You are welcome to travel to my home in Curdworth, or alternatively I can travel to you (within the Sutton Coldfield and Coleshill areas).
- When are you available?
- Available weekdays 9am-9pm, and Saturdays 10am-1pm.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach ages 8 to infinity (you're never to old to learn!) and any level (from beginner to undergraduate).
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I can prepare for most formal music qualifications; GCSE, A Level, BTEC Level 2 Music, BTEC Level 3 Music, BA Music, BSc Music Technology. I also teach guitar and music theory grades 1-8.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can teach via skype.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I belong to the Musicians Union and Institute for Learning.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained initially as a guitarist achieving my classical grades and my music theory grades. I then went on to Coventry University achieving a first class honours degree in music composition, before going on to complete my masters degree at De Montfort. My teaching degree (DTLLS) was studied at Warwick University, fr which I also achieved a first.
Send a message to Roger Barker
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more