Vocal Coaching Lessons in Islington (Angel, Highbury, Holloway, Finsbury Park, Canonbury)
Tutors in Islington
Tutors travelling to Islington
- Simon Gfeller Cambridge, CB4
- Michael Vickers Shoreditch, E2
- Alyusha Chagrin London Fields, E8
- West End Performer Clodagh London Fields, E8
- Ashley Joseph Poplar, E14
- Rosalie Genay Bishopsgate, EC2
- Dan Keating-Roberts King's Cross, N1
- Karen Cogan Muswell Hill, N10
- Leigh Stevenson Camden Town, NW1
- Lorna Brown St. Pancras, NW1
- Jamie Rock Deptford, SE8
- Portia Winters New Cross, SE14
- Alex Wingfield Bloomsbury, W1T
- Izo FitzRoy Hammersmith, W6
- Michael Hill Bloomsbury, WC1B
Interested in online lessons for Vocal Coaching?Online Vocal Coaching Lessons
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Vocal Coaching
- Personal Message
- I am an experienced and enthusiastic academic tutor with five years experience. I am delighted to have had helped my students, aged from 3 to 18, achieve great success. I pride myself in an ability to inspire focus and academic passion.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Every child’s educational interests and needs are different, but parents engage me to teach their children for five main reasons:
As an English specialist, I enjoy teaching the humanities (English Literature, English Language, History) at Senior School level (including 13+, GCSE, IGCSE, AS and A-Level). I pride myself in an ability to inspire a passion and instill ability for English Literature and Language, both creative and analytical.
All-round educational play, support and development for children between 2 and 8 years. My work with this age group is tailored towards assessments at 4+, 7+ and 8+.
those who are aware of the competition for places at independent schools look for help as their children prepare for 4+, 7+, 11+ and Common Entrance assessments.
I enjoy working on focused revision sessions to help them prepare for public exams including GCSE, iGCSE, AS and A-level.
Those who require full-time homeschooling. I have homeschooled children at both primary and secondary level. I have often worked with children from overseas who are preparing to acclimatize to the British educational system.
Early years development - literacy and numeracy from 3 years upwards.
English and Maths Key Stage 1 and 2.
Preparation for the 7+, 8+, 13+
English creative writing and comprehension for 11+ examination.
Verbal and non-verbal reasoning.
History at GCSE.
English Literature and English Language at GCSE and iGCSE.
I am experienced with SEN students.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA Joint HONS in English Literature and Drama University of Birmingham
Lady Eleanor Holles School, Middlesex (regularly scored in the top 10 of girls' schools in the UK)
3 A-Levels English Literature (A grade) , Drama (A), History (B)
1 AS Level Philosophy and Ethics (A grade)
10 GCSE's 7A*s and 3As
- What kind of experience do you have?
- My students have recently gained places at Bute House, City of London, Harrow, Godolphin and Latymer, Wycombe Abbey, Westminster and Kings Wimbledon. I have recently worked with two GCSE students whose grades improved from grade D/E to grade A/ A*.
My educational philosophy is to encourage a pupil’s intellectual curiosity, and his or her independent and individual thought. With this in mind I have developed individually tailored curricula to complement, support and extend my pupils’ work at school. I tailor my methods and curriculum to each student’s needs. I focus on exam techniques, creative writing, comprehension skills and written expression, from KS1 literacy skills to English Literature GCSE, AS and A-Level. I enjoy working both face to face and via Skype.
I conduct practice interviews, educational assessments and mock-entrance tests. I have prepared boys and girls for the entrance assessments for highly selective schools (Eton, Rugby, Colet Court, Charterhouse, Harrow, Bute House, Wetherby, City of London, King's College School and Sevenoaks), and therefore have an excellent knowledge of the current requirements and reputations of these and other schools.
I have also experience with home-schooling, most recently working full time with a family where the two boys were educated in the home for a term until they were confident enough to rejoin a mainstream school. I covered all the Humanities for both students, aged 12 and 14.
As a professionally trained singer and actor I have also worked with pupils on aspect of speech, vocal confidence, accent and etiquette.
Selected tutoring experience 2011 – 2015 and ongoing
4 + educational play and support
GCSE English Language and English Literature exam revision
13+ preparation to Westminster including interview preparation and technique
7 + preparation to Colet Court (literacy and numeracy)
GCSE History and English (Late America to 1933,The Cold War 1945- 1991)
(To Kill a Mocking Bird, An Inspector Calls, the English Language syllabus)
7+ preparation to Bute House (literacy and numeracy)
English Language and English Literature iGCSE (Silas Marner, The Importance of being Earnest, Poetry analysis, The Tempest) and History GCSE (Weimar Germany 1918- 1939, The Cold War 1945 - 1991, Edexcel)
English AS Level (The poetry of Robert Browning, The Great Gatsby, Small Island)
7+ Bute House preparation and all round support
11 + preparation for St Pauls and Godolphin
4+ preparation and educational play
Full-time homeschooling for two girls, aged 7 and 9. Covering all subjects at Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
7 + preparation for City of London
7+ preparation for Colet Court, Westminster
11+ preparation to Westminster and City of London
English Literature and Language GCSE
7+ preparation to Colet Court, Kings Wimbledon, Westminster
11 + preparation for St Paul’s, Godolphin and Latymer and similar.
Homeschooling for 12 year old and 14 year old- responsible for teaching all Humanities (English Language, Literature, History, Religious Studies) to GCSE level.
All round tuition for family. Literacy and Numeracy for 4 year old, 6 year old and 8 year old.
English creative writing, comprehension and vocabulary work with 7 year old boy, in preparation for Westminster, St Paul’s and similar.
English creative writing and comprehension skills with 6 year old and 8 year old.
GCSE preparation and revision for English Literature and
Daily tuition preparing 7 year old for the Wetherby entrance exam.
7+ preparation for Colet Court, Westminster, Kings Wimbledon
A level English and Media Studies tuition
Early Stages Development for a 3 year old girl. Preparation for entry tests to leading London day schools including North London Collegiate School, Kensington Prep, South Hampstead High and Garden House.
Semi-residential, daily tuition for two brothers from overseas. 11+ and 13+ preparation to schools including Eton, Rugby, Sevenoaks, Charterhouse and Millfield.
4+ preparation for schools including Garden House, Kensington Prep and Notting Hill Prep,
11+ preparation for top London all girls schools including St Paul’s Girls, Godolphin and Latymer, Lady Eleanor Holles and Francis Holland.
4+ Preparation for Colet Court, and similar.
Speech, elocution and accent coaching for a 6 year old girl.
Early stages development for a 4 year old girl. Preparation for entry assessment to schools including Haberdashers’ Aske’s, North London Collegiate and South Hampstead High School for Girls.
11+ preparation to schools including the Harrodian, Westminster and St Paul’s.
- How much do you charge?
- My fee varies from £40 - £50 an hour depending on travel time and the student's age.
- Where do you teach?
- I am happy to travel within London and the various boroughs.
- When are you available?
- I am available after school and at weekends as well as throughout the holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I have taught students from 3 years to 18 years.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I hold a current DBS.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I regularly tutor via Skype and find it straightforward and personal.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained as a tutor with Bonas Macfarlane and Enjoy Education.
Send a message to Stephanie Martin
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more